Re: [MacPerl] Re: [MacPerl-WebCGI] Another 'Windows' query...

>>> In my tests (I use VPC with NT Wkst) I cannot get to the MacOS-based web
>>> server (tried different web servers) - not real sure why, but I think it's
>>> because the MacOS is 'sharing' the interface so it may be getting confused.
>>
>> If you mean having the same IP address with "sharing" this might be the
>> problem. Get VPC 3 - it allows different IP addresses to use.
>>

> Um, no, VPC 2.1.2 allows me to DHCP the VPC side (or the MacOS side...)

To add a little more detail, in VPC 2, the Mac side and Windows side must
have separate IP addresses to have simultaneous connections to the net. I do
this by running IPNetRouter on my router Mac, and using 192.168.0.xx series
numbers for all the client computers. So my PowerBook uses two IP's - one
for the real machine (the Mac) and another for Windows under VPC.

>From what I've read, with VPC 3, The Mac side and the Windows side can share
one IP address. Don't know if that will help or hurt your prospects.

FWIW, I've been thinking about getting Linux up under VPC, and then trying
to connect to it from the Mac side. It'd be a great way to develop  *nix
perl scripts and still be able to use BBEdit while on the road with just a
PowerBook. But that's getting a little off topic, so any replies on that
should probably go direct to me or to one of the other lists.

Steve Swantz
sneakers@nwaalpa.org