Re: [MacPerl] Re: [MacPerl-WebCGI] Another 'Windows' query...

> >> In my tests (I use VPC with NT Wkst) I cannot get to the MacOS-based web
> >> server (tried different web servers) - not real sure why, but I think it's
> >> because the MacOS is 'sharing' the interface so it may be getting confused.
> >
> > If you mean having the same IP address with "sharing" this might be the
> > problem. Get VPC 3 - it allows different IP addresses to use.
> >

>Um, no, VPC 2.1.2 allows me to DHCP the VPC side (or the MacOS side...)

DHCP is simplified just a way to ask a server for an IP address.
I don't know exactly what the result is if the Mac already got an address
and VPC asks for another address for the same ethernet card.
I assume though the PC just gets no address. Check it with "winipcfg".
You have to manually set a new IP address in VPC. Forget DHCP. Just
care for two unique IP addresses.

But I believe there is simply no chance with VPC2.
VPC 2 can't handle two different IP addresses which is neccessary
for the Web server test environment you're looking for. (as far as I know)

Axel