Re: [MacPerl] example, articles, etc.

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Rich Morin wrote:

> Chris's Mac::Glue work is more than ready for some publicity
> in "Script Different", the MacPerl column that Vicki Brown
> hosts in PerlMonth (http://www.perlmonth.com).  How about it,
> Chris; when are you going to write up your work?
>
> And, speaking to some of the other inventive souls out there,
> don't you have something (e.g., an experience, project, or tool)
> that would make nice article fodder?  Vicki is mostly carrying
> the column by herself; let's get a few other authors to help!

I've been thinking for some time that a companion piece, something to
appear in Vicki's column, to Eric Bohlman's stuff wrt Perl & XML would be
useful. Something along the lines of "this is what you can do with MacPerl
and XML", sort of a diff against everything that is possible on UNIX.

I have a couple of practical ideas in this regard, including an ongoing
project to deal with mailing lists digests etc, as examples. The thing is
that I've been looking at XML, period, on MacOS, with the view to putting
it up as a web resource, so in the past few months (closer to 3 or 4,
actually), my attention has been focused on C++, Java and MacPython. But I
think the existing stuff that I have wrt MacPerl + XML could be massaged.

If this sounds like a goer maybe you could let me know, and I can prepare
something for about 2-3 weeks after a confirm.

Regards, Arved