Re: [MacPerl] use module in cwd

I note that you already solved the real problem, but just for
information, Mac OS paths do not start with root. They start with the
volume name. (Volumes are sort of unified under the desktop, rather than
attached to arbitrary nodes in the directory tree, as in UNIX.) A leading
colon _means_ current directory.

>Why is it looking for ":Foo.pm" instead of just "Foo.pm"?  "Foo.pm"
>is assumed to be in the current directory on the Mac, right?  Why isn't
>the leading ":" stripped off?  Shouldn't matter, though, I suppose.  FWIW,

This still gets me sometimes, because when I create a file in Codewarrior
C with no leading colon in the path name it goes in the "root" of the
volume. When I open for read with no leading colon in the path, it seems
to try both at the root of the volume, and then in the current folder.
I'm not sure if it's Codewarrior the Mac looking in the extra place for
me, but it gets confusing.

Joel

joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp