Re: [MacPerl] web publishing with perl

>Mason and Slashdot are the only Perl based content management systems that
>I know of.  Slashdot is a discussion website, you can download the source
>for use in other sites.
>
> http://www.masonhq.com
>http://www.slashdot.org

Throw http://slashcode.com/ on that list as the source for the source for
SLASH (the slashdot code).  Slashdot and Mason give you something on the
order the same functionaltiy as Zope (written in Python).  Slash requires
MySQL for the database part. (Frontier does databse stuff internally
IIRC).

SLASH doesn't run on the Mac, and I don't expect that it could be easily
made to.  We'd need a completely different "Slashdot-Like Application for
Macintosh" (call it "SLAM"), for folks running MacOS servers.  I'm
waiting for a threaded MacPerl first.

I don't know if MASON has even been TESTED on the MacOS.  As far as I can
tell, it doesn't actually RELY on Apache and mod_perl, although that's
the prefered usage.

--B

Brian McNett, Webmaster