Re: [MacPerl] CGI.pm question

At 17.06 -0500 2000.02.18, Eric Schissel wrote:
>I notice that the version of CGI.pm that comes with the MacPerl
>distribution I have is 2.36, while Lincoln Stein is already up to 2.56 up
>in CPAN. (Sorry if this has been asked before, but...) What is the most
>recent version of CGI.pm that people have had success with

    http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=CGI.pm

That site notes that it has passed tests on MacOS_PPC.  search.cpan.org,
and testers.cpan.org, and Paul Schinder, the tester to beat all testers,
are Good Things.

>(assuming that
>it causes no problems to download CGI.pm.tar.gz, use suntar or similar and
>macgzip to untar it, and replace the old version with the new?)

A Better(tm) method is using cpan-mac.  Install cpan-mac, then drop a Perl
distribution on the installme program that comes with it, and it will be
installed.  Make sure you read the cpan-mac README.

  http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/CNANDOR/

But you can, of course, de-gzip and un-tar with other programs, and move
the files yourself.  This method is just easier (once you get it installed).

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])