Re: [MacPerl] Biology with MacPerl?

A surprising amount of the bioperl stuff does work on Macs, but it's
pretty spotty. Anything that relies on external programs (like
ReadSeq), of course, breaks and I would imagine a bunch of the
networking stuff, like remote Blast searches, breaks as well. But
I've been using it for parsing Blast reports and some sequence
extraction and it works fine for that. Of course, I'm hoping that
when OS X is released this summer, all our troubles will disappear
and Mac users will be able to fully use the bioperl package.

In terms of examples, the bioperl package itself has a number of good
examples in it that are an excellent place to start.

Todd