[MacPerl] Streaming Audio

All this talk of the access to Audio CD information through MacPerl
tools prompts me to ask a question I have had unanswered for a long time.
Can one access streaming audio material which is going to be played,
say, by Real Player?

If one is, for instance, listening to information broadcast by a
radio station on the Web, then it is clear that the incoming data stream
is being buffered, and then processed to audio.  How might one capture the
stream to a file for later conversion to audio? This would allow the
equivalent of tape-delaying of TV programs, which would be handy if
you cannot listen to news when it is regularly broadcast, say from a
source on the other side of the globe.

	Patrick

--
-