[MacPerl] Re: End to 'Newbie list question'... (25Apr00)

Dear Chris,

Thank you for pointing out the difference... Code typo's are far more
more 'egregious' than body text typo's. I agree with you 100%. So, I
went back into "Perl for Dummies" for another see. The author, Paul
Hoffman, deliberately wanted to assign from the list '@Music'. Later,
He provides examples like: '$Dub = $Music[2]; ' (with permutations).

Paul also pointed out the risks of having variables like '$Shop' and
'@Shop', which may lead to confusion (for the benefit of newbies...).

All in all, "Perl for Dummies" is not bad. Which is too say I bought it...

It's not a replacement for my Llama book, or for my Camel, or MPPE
- my Dragon book? If you're wondering, "PfD" was my first Perl book.
I did not know (Oh! Bittersweet ignorance!) about O'Reilly...or MPPE.
___

  Speaking of MPPE < http://pudge.net/macperl/macperl_errata.txt >
  The typo's I had in mind were (as you pointed out!) only from body
  text and NOT the code; the ones I've noticed were already posted!

  My apologies...
___

Thanks for your time! I mean it!  = )

Keith