[MacPerl] MPW crashes when opening the startup script

I have finally taken the plunge and bought MPPE (Japanese), and am trying
to get the MPW Perl tool to run. According to chapter 22, after loading
all the MPW related components, I need to run the Install.MPW_perl
command to generate the configuration file, etc. The startup script
mumbles to itself for several seconds, then I find my self in Macsbug.
Nothing against Macsbug, but it wasn't where I wanted to be.

Am I going to have to dig into the extensions manager?

Joel Rees
                       Keeping the Faith
<joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp>
<http://www.page.sannet.ne.jp/joel_rees>