Re: [MacPerl] Problems with Mac::StandardFile

At 10.42 -0700 2000.05.17, Brian Doyle wrote:
>	I've just downloaded and installed MacPerl v5.20r4 and am a
>total perl newbie.  Please pardon me if this is a simple thing.  I'm
>trying to create a script which will put up a StandardGetFile()
>dialog and from everything I've seen, the routine seems to be
>accessible via the Mac::StandardFile package.  However, when I tell
>perl to use that package, I get the following error:

How did you install MacPerl?  Did you use the easy install option?

># Can't find loadable object for module Mac::StandardFile in @INC
>(Code:Development:MacPerl Ÿ:lib:Mac Code:Development:MacPerl
>Ÿ:lib:MacPPC Code:Development:MacPerl Ÿ:lib  Dev:Pseudo)
>File 'Dev:Pseudo'; Line 5

You should have a file named "Code:Development:MacPerl
Ÿ:lib:MacPPC:auto:Mac:StandardFile:StandardFile".  Perhaps you should try a
reinstall.

>It seems that StandardFile.pm and Menus.pm (or Panes.pm, etc), are
>all in the same directory so I'm wondering why I'm having a problem
>using Mac::StandardFile when Mac::Menus and Mac::Panes
>(Mac::Controls, etc.) seem to load up just fine.

It is not the module that is missing, it is the shared library, the
"loadable object".

--
Chris Nandor       |     pudge@pobox.com      |     http://pudge.net/
Andover.Net        | chris.nandor@andover.net | http://slashcode.com/