Re: [MacPerl] CDP: Orbit Scribbler

Oh, and one more thing:

Most of the "plasma" (ie. dynamic colour) effects that I have seen have
been implemented by rendering the imges using an arbitrary colour map,
and then animating the colour map itself.  This approach is neat in that
it it changes all instances of a given colour, regardless of their
location in the window, into the new colour.  Much less CPU intensive, as
well.

Have you toyed with (or even considered) such an approach?  Can it even
be done?  The POD for QuickDraw.pm has got entries like CTABLE =
GetCTable ID which implies that some sort of manipulaion of the colour
table is possible.  I'm just curious as to whether anyone has tinkered
with this sort of thing.

Henry.