Re: [MacPerl] Basic Question

At 21:20 -0400 9/7/00, Chip G. wrote:
(Note:  inner attributions lost--because I'm lazy tonight)
>>>I need to be able to pass two arguments (file names) to the script.
>>>If I run the script from the menu it produces an error because it
>>>did not have those arguments). How do I pass those arguments?
>>
>>This problem occurs because MacOS lacks a command line.
>
>That I'd noticed.  :)  I was surprised that it was emulating Unix and
>didn't have a pseudo-CLI.

There is a version of MacPerl which runs as an MPW tool.  This is what I
use when I want to do command line stuff with MacPerl.  MPW (Macintosh
Programmer's Workshop) is now free from Apple.  I don't have a URL handy.
It is Unix-like but (a) better, (b) not as good, or (c) just different
depending on what you are doing and how you view the world.

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA