Re: [MacPerl] Screen capture

At 2:48 PM -0400 9/22/00, Adam Stern wrote:
>Dear Perl Enthusiasts,
>
>   How do I do a screen capture and save it as a pict file somewhere in a
>perl script?  (like apple-shift-3)  Is there a way to do it with
>applescript?

Not without a OSAX, there isn't a way to do this in AppleScript.  In
MacPerl, you could use the toolbox, grab the screen and dump it to a
file yourself - but this is a little harder than finding an OSAX.

>Also is there a way to capture all the text on the frontmost document of an
>application and pop it into a variable using applescript/perl?  I looked in
>the docs, but didn't find much.  Thanks!

It depends on the application.  Some applications have AppleScripting
interfaces for reading the contents of documents, and some don't.

Again, you could grab a screen shot, and run it through some OCR
software.  But that's *much* harder... :-)

-Jeff Lowrey