Re: [MacPerl] Screen capture

Op 22-09-2000 om 16:47 schreef jeff@firepower.jaral.org (Jeff Lowrey):

> At 2:48 PM -0400 9/22/00, Adam Stern wrote:
> >Dear Perl Enthusiasts,
> >
> >   How do I do a screen capture and save it as a pict file somewhere in a
> >perl script?  (like apple-shift-3)  Is there a way to do it with
> >applescript?
>
> Not without a OSAX, there isn't a way to do this in AppleScript.  In
> MacPerl, you could use the toolbox, grab the screen and dump it to a
> file yourself - but this is a little harder than finding an OSAX.
One could, via Applescript tell QuicKeys to grab the screen.
U would know where to find the pict file.

> >Also is there a way to capture all the text on the frontmost document of an
> >application and pop it into a variable using applescript/perl?  I looked in
> >the docs, but didn't find much.  Thanks!
>
> It depends on the application.  Some applications have AppleScripting
> interfaces for reading the contents of documents, and some don't.
>
> Again, you could grab a screen shot, and run it through some OCR
> software.  But that's *much* harder... :-)
Again, QuicKeys could 'Select All', then 'copy' and U would have all
the text(or objects) on your clipboard, regardless the app you are
grabbing from.

I'm not affiliated in any way to CE-Software, just love their stuff.
Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Tommy.