Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl and OS X (yet again :-)

Hmmm..
I was sure that the new IE (not on the market yet) that Steve Jobs was showing
off was a true Cocoa app running under OS X. this from my previous employment at
Apple working with earlier versions of OS X. As employees we had the opportunity
to experience IE as a Cocoa app; pretty functional. It had also been demoed at
MacWorld, so it shouldn't be anything hush-hush.

Obviously, the current marketed product of IE _is_ a carbon app running only
under OS9.

BTW: Cocoa apps use packages instead of bundles if that is any help...

Paul Schinder wrote:

> At 11:06 PM -0700 9/22/00, John W Baxter wrote:
> >At 8:28 -0400 9/22/00, Chris Nandor wrote:
> >>No.  Take Internet Explorer, for example.  It is a Carbon or Cocoa app
> >>(which is it, and how does one tell?  I dunno), yet it has no STDIN/STDOUT.
> >>I should be able to talk to it with Apple events (though I haven't yet
> >>tried, or figured out how :-).
> >
> >It's Carbon (and unlikely to be Cocoa for quite some time).
> >
> >I don't know how to tell...I am passing along what Microsoft's Jimmy
> >Grewell (sp?) has said many times in the microsoft.public.inetexplorer.mac
> >newsgroup.

-- In Light and Love
EaTrom
Order of Melchizedek