Re: [MacPerl] Tie::SubstrHash -- anybody??

schinder@pobox.com (Paul Schinder) wrote:
>At 9:53 PM +0800 10/4/00, robinmcf@altern.org wrote:
>>I guarantee at least you won't get flamed by
>>whats'ername  .....Veronica, .....Mary, oh you know who I mean, the acid
>>one who loves berating newbies.
>
>You'll be happy to know that Abigail has lost her net access and
>there's nothing from her in c.l.p.m today.  (I have MT Newswatcher
>set to highlight her posts.)  She wouldn't have bothered with this
>"newbie" anyway except to try to help if she could.  She specializes
>in berating  people who think their entitled to free help without
>making any effort to help themselves by first reading the vast amount
>of documentation available, or people who ask off-topic questions on
>c.l.p.m.  It's a shame to see her go.  I only hope she's back soon.

   %trans = (she => 'he', She => 'He', '\bher\b' => 'him');
   $keys = join '|', keys %trans;
   $your_post =~ s/($keys)/$trans{$1}/go;

  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum