Re: [MacPerl] Tie::SubstrHash -- anybody?? ...wildly off topic

>At 9:53 PM +0800 10/4/00, robinmcf@altern.org wrote:
>>I guarantee at least you won't get flamed by
>>whats'ername  .....Veronica, .....Mary, oh you know who I mean, the acid
>>one who loves berating newbies.

>You'll be happy to know that Abigail has lost her net access and
>there's nothing from her in c.l.p.m today.  (I have MT Newswatcher
>set to highlight her posts.)
hah ha! you recognised her from the description huh ;->

>She wouldn't have bothered with this
>"newbie" anyway except to try to help if she could.
my point entirely, the correct forum for that question

> She specializes in berating  people who think their entitled to free help
>without
>making any effort to help themselves by first reading the vast amount
>of documentation available, or people who ask off-topic questions on
>c.l.p.m.
Y-e-e-e-s, but there are other ways to go about things than arbitrarily
setting about people, I  know of several long term CLPMers who keep a file
of canned replies which give a little help while pointing to the docs, more
effective in my humble as they(the millionth shopper of the week) actually
learn something, _and_ get pointed in the right direction to learn more. I
mean posters don't necessarily know that _a_  specific question has been
asked millions of time a week since the dawn of time. I'm glad to say that
this list is very tolerant in that regard, which is why I'm still
subscribed to it and vice versa not to CLPM who are not able to skip a
subject line containing the words 'newbie'

>It's a shame to see her go.  I only hope she's back soon.
well I'm sure Kevin Bacon will fill in for her  until she gets back;->