Re: [MacPerl] [ Somewhat OFFTOPIC ] Mac OS X Developer Tools

on 10/16/2000 6:20 PM, Bob Dalgleish at Robert.Dalgleish@sk.sympatico.ca
wrote:

> on 10/14/2000 6:28 PM, Chris Nandor at pudge@pobox.com wrote:
>
>> At 19:16 -0500 2000.10.14, Ken Williams wrote:
>>> kevinv@hockey.net (Kevin van Haaren) wrote:
>>> Further warning: I downloaded with MSIE, which reported an error (but
>>> wouldn't give me more information).  I then manually put a .gz suffix on
>>> the download file, ran gunzip on it, and then ran 'tar -xvf' on the
>>> result.  Seemed to work (it created a package/directory called
>>> 'Developer.pkg'), so I guess IE was just confused.
>>
>> I always use Interarchy for big downloads.  I don't trust the web browsers.
>> :)
> I downloaded the thingy, but the installer was not able to extract the "bom"
> from Developer.pkg. I presume that is the "bill of materials", or MANIFEST,
> in our parlance.
>
> Has anybody else had this problem?

Never mind - one of the BBS's at MacFixIt.com had a comment that if there is
not enough disk space during the installation (250Meg required), it will
generate this message and try to do the install anyway.

Sorry about the OT chatter.