Re: [MacPerl] Mac::Glue error handlers

At 20:34 -0500 11/19/00, Chris Nandor wrote:
>At 0:35 +0100 2000.11.20, Bart Lateur wrote:
>>On Sun, 19 Nov 2000 11:05:41 -0500, Chris Nandor wrote:
>>>I think this would make it better.  Thoughts?  The big problem I have here
>>>is changing the public interface, especially since we are already at a 1.00
>>>release.
>>
>>Your function can accept both. It is pretty common in functions in
>>modules, to check the type of arguments argument, and act accordingly.
>
>This is a question of what a user-supplied error handler will get as its
>arguments.  I cannot pass both forms of arguments to that handler, only
>one.  :)

That would seem to suggest a different module, or a differently-named
function of the one module...with the old way included but deprecated, and
going away soon enough for Chris to keep his sanity.  Sounds like a lot of
extra work for Chris, unfortunately.

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA