Re: [MacPerl-Porters] Configure.MPW now available in repackaged format(s)

On Sat, 13 May 2000, Paul Schinder wrote:

> The way I read Matthias' directions, these folders should be in the
> MacPerl folder, so perl-5.6.0, db, and XL are all on the same level,
> one level above macos.

I would think so, too, because one hopes to be able to swap out perl-5.6.0
with at least perl-5.6.x and maybe perl-5.x.x, without doing anything to
db and XL.  Or conversely, putting in new versions of db and XL without
disturbing the std Perl.  Perhaps one day the "macos" subdirectory will
come built into the std Perl distribution (in addition to "macosx" or
"rhapsody" or whatever it gets called)?

A little side note:  maybe it's just me, but the perl distribution seems
pretty crowded in the main directory.  All the different port platform
dirs, a half dozen different revision docs, a scattering of header files,
plus a few std-to-perl directories (t,pod,lib,etc).  A little busy for my
taste.  I'm glad I don't have to work in the source from day to day.

--
MattLangford