Re: gmtime(0)has a problem ? (Was: Re: [MacPerl] "Epoch-makingdifference"--time())

At 08:15 96.04.06, John W. Baxter wrote:
> It also looks as if the Japanese(?) MacOS you are using differs from the US
> 7.5.3 I'm running...I get
> 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 4, 5, 0, 0

This has nothing to do with OS versions. Dan is simply sitting on a different
side of the date line from you. For those of us to the east of Greenwhich,
gmtime(0) (which is based on localtime) wraps around and gives wrong results.

I will correct this for the next release, which is well underway.

Matthias

-----
Matthias Neeracher <neeri@iis.ee.ethz.ch> http://err.ethz.ch/members/neeri.html
   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_