[MacPerl] Re: 5.002 version of MacPerl?

Zalman Stern writes:
>My apologies if this has already been covered on the mac-perl list. I just
>joined... I'm writing some PERL scripts to do programatic collection of
>information off the Web. I'd hoped to use the LWP module, but just
>discovered it requires PERL 5.002 . (Mostly for prototypes I guess.) Is a
>5.002 version expected soon or should I switch to using a different Web
>access library?

I scheduled the 5.002_01 update as one of my "clean breaks", i.e., I started
from the Unix distribution and am adding Mac patches one by one, to throw out
all accumulated cargo cult patches. I also switched from MPW make to
(UNIX-style) dmake. 5.002_01 now compiles again, but doesn't run yet. I expect
a release around the end of April, but will probably do a preview release of
the core a little earlier, so people can throw their my() variables at it. (I
also need to review the tests and library - any volunteers want to help with
that?).

Matthias

-----
Matthias Neeracher <neeri@iis.ee.ethz.ch> http://err.ethz.ch/members/neeri.html
   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_