Re: [MacPerl] Usenet: comp.lang.perl.mac ... ?

At 19:39 +0200 1997-06-12, Gary Ebert wrote:
>I think that the gateway idea would just bring in hoards of RTFF (Read
>The F^&@#$*$ FAQ) questions -- you know like "where do I find MacPerl".
>If you take the time to look at comp.lang.perl.misc about 30 - 50% of
>the questions are RTFF or RTFM (M=manual).

Experience on the perl5-porters mail list -- gatewayed at
news://genetics.upenn.edu/perl.porters-gw/ -- suggests otherwise: the
gateway seems not to be responsible for much noise in what is a
high-volume, but reasonably low-noise, list.  My guess is that, anyone who
can worked how to point a newsreader or local news host at an alternate
server for just one newsgroup (not too difficult in *gark* Nestscape, for
example, but don't tell anyone) is probably smart and savvy enough not to
clutter up the "newsgroup" in question with inanities.

Signing off from this thread (if not already locked out)...

Invoice for 2¢ to follow.  [Suck on that, MIME!]

--
Dominic Dunlop