Re: [MacPerl] Usenet: comp.lang.perl.mac ... ?

Hello all:

I am a new subscriber to this group (it has been 2 days now).  I thought
that I would throw in my $0.02 worth.  Newsgroups have their place but
unless they are moderated (IMHO) they get so large that they outgrow
their usefullness

I like the idea of a listserver much better (no get rich quick schemes,
no stealing e-mail addresses for mass mailings, serious questions only
-- usually, etc.).

I think that the gateway idea would just bring in hoards of RTFF (Read
The F^&@#$*$ FAQ) questions -- you know like "where do I find MacPerl".
If you take the time to look at comp.lang.perl.misc about 30 - 50% of
the questions are RTFF or RTFM (M=manual).

I for one would love to see something like a moderated
comp.lang.perl.misc  I would even read it every day; however, as it
stands reading that group is a full-time job.  I would hate to see that
happen to this list!

Maybe the best idea would be to keep this list as it is and generate a
comp.lang.perl.mac  If people wanted to read both they could if they
just wanted one format or the other they could do that as well.

This is all just IMHO of course,
			Gary
--
Gary Ebert                                 Operations Administrator
Voice:     (301) 428-2115                  Mobile Datacom Corporation