MacTCP vs OT (was) [MacPerl] calling Perl script from applescript(fwd)

Mark,
  Just my $.02, I really like OT!  The benchmarks I've done for my own test
show that is is much faster that MacTCP.  I havn't done much with OT <-->
PERL yet however.  I did try the "MailIt" Perl droplet.  It sent mail just
fine to a SunOS box, however, it didn't seem to be able to connect to my
A/UX box.  :-{  I didn't pursue the problem any further that yet.
  The brass here wants an intranet and I'm just starting to plan it out.
I'm thinking I'll use QPQ && MacPerl mostly.

Best Wishes,

Randy

>I'm still using MacTCP instead of OT on my PPC.  MacPerl
>uses it correctly (although MacTCP doesn't always connect
>now for some reason) but is OT easier/better/the way of the
>future and should I change over to it?  (Not that I want to
>start up any kind of a war here.  Just looking for opinions.)
>
>TIA!  :-)

Randy Bradley | Systems Analyst | US Meat Animal Research Center | Clay Center
Computer Spec.| 402-762-4156    | bradley@aux.marc.usda.gov      | Nebraska