Re: [MacPerl] WebStar/MacPerl Probs

andy@metropress.co.uk,Internet writes:
>We are using WebStar v2.0 and are having lots of trouble getting cgi scrips to
>work.  When we make a call via the browser to the cgi, MacPerl opens up and
>displays the result of the cgi script in its own window, and does not pass it
>back to the browser.
Sounds like you're not saving the Perl scripts as "CGI Script". You need the
MacPerl tools for this.

>I've heard that there is a Perl plug-in for WebStar to make everything work ok,
>but all the links to it on the WEB I have found are all dead.

I had the same problem as you. The FAQ needs to be updated, as the info
regarding WebSTAR is just plain wrong now. I'd be happy to write something up
for the FAQ (in fact, I've written on this subject several times now in this
group) if someone could help me with putting the info into the FAQ.

Anyways, you don't need the plug-in, you need to add the MacPerl tools. You can
find it in probably any CPAN mirror under the Perl ports. I took a look around
and found it here:

        ftp://ftp.metronet.com/pub/perl/ports/mac/Mac_Perl_513r2_tool.bin

Once you've installed the tools, you'll have the option to save your scripts as
"CGI Script".

-josh

PS. If I'm way off base here (which is just as likely as not) and you're
suffering from a different problem entirely, let me know and I'll try real hard
to remember all the stupid little things that went wrong when I first tried to
get MacPerl to speak with WebSTAR...