Re: [MacPerl] OSA Extention for PERL

> One of the most major setbacks of macintosh-based perl is that scripts
> can't just be distributed, like they can in UNIX. You also need the
> application, libraries, etc. If you make a standalone, it's huge- over 1
> meg. The perl script itself might only be 5k.

Well, I may just be nit-picking, but the only reason that UNIX-based
perl scripts are more easily distributed is simply because most (note:
not all, as far as I'm aware) UNIX'es come with perl.  You still have to
have the huge application (slightly larger than 1 meg :-) ) and all its
libraries too.  If every Mac user said "I need perl," and installed it,
then perl scripts would be just as easily distributable on MacOS systems.

-David