Re: [MacPerl] A perl by any other name... (gratitude)

At 3:16 PM -0400 8/19/97, Webmaster wrote:
>I must say, I probably wouldn't use MacPerl if I didn't have BBEdit. Word 6
>is too big and bulky for my 2nd-generation PowerMac, I can't get my hands
>on Word 5, and SimpleText never ceases to infuriate me. (But then again,
>anything's better than emacs!) Does anyone use a different editor with
>MacPerl, something with multiple-level undos? I'm not all that familiar
>with Macs, so any info is greatly appreciated.

Check out Alpha at <http://www.cs.umd.edu/~keleher/alpha.html>. Given its
internal scripting capabilities and its modes for for various programming
languages, html, etc..., it's probably the most powerful editor on the
planet.

later,

---Dave---

David C. Schooley              | "Success is how high you
Ph.D. in progress              |  bounce after you hit
Georgia Tech Electric Power    |  bottom.
mailto:schooley@ece.gatech.edu |   - General George S. Patton
http://www.ee.gatech.edu/users/schooley/