Re: [MacPerl] Perl module installation

At 22.35 12/19/97, J. Douglas Dunlop wrote:
>I read the chapter on extensibility and although it is a valuable source of
>information about installing additional perl modules it does not address
>the issue of what is needed to actually build a module that relies on a C
>library.

Well, it kindof does, actually.  It says that you should probably forget
about it.  :)

>Can anyone offer any advice on how would one go about building a
>module that did require a C compiler to build?

As to compiling extensions, I have built MacPerl from the sources and part
of my blood pact with Matthias after that long day is that I will write up
a summary of how to do it.  This will include a bit on how to compile
extensions.  It will be coming sometime in the next weeks.

As to DBI/DBD, you will need a client library ported to Mac OS first.
Someone mentioned that might take on portions of the DBI project; this is
something that people might want to get together on.

--
Chris Nandor               pudge@pobox.com           http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])