Re: [MacPerl] Dev:Pseudo (too many files)

Strider writes:
|>Yes (64, in fact, but few are used by STDIN et al).
|	Hmm... is there any way around this? I may need to open as many as
|356 files at a time (although I doubt more than that).

Although modern Mac systems don't have a hard-coded limit for the number
of open files, each open file takes some memory in the system heap, and
I suspect you'd have problems with that many files, even if MacPerl
supported it.

It would probably be pretty easy to implement some sort of LRU cache
for file handles, keeping 50 or so open at a time.

Brian