Re: [MacPerl] Public Beta Release of MacPerl 5.2.0r4b1

>>Paul DuBois <paul@snake.net> writes:
>>>But I seem to have lost my ability to pass the open window to an
>>>external editor.
>>
>>My mistake! I must have broken this somehow; it definitely will be back
>>in b2.
>
>I haven't checked the new beta, but in the former version, when opening the
>file in the external editor it shows up with [Per] at the end of the name,
>but this defeats BBEdit's syntax-coloring scheme (I haven't found a
>workaround). How about putting this at the _beginning_ of the name, instead?

My workaround was to add ".pl [Perl]" and ".pm [Perl] to BBEdit's list
of suffix mappings.  This seems to work pretty well, except for the case
that I exit MacPerl while I have a script open in BBEdit.  When I
relaunch MacPerl, open the script, and shift to BBEdit, the window title
is "file.pl [Perl] #2", which defeats my mapping.

--
Paul DuBois
paul@snake.net