Re: [MacPerl] Troublesome CGIs

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998 21:46:29 -0500, Chris Nandor wrote:

>There are ways around all of this.  One is to wait for a threaded MacPerl,
>which may address this problem.  That is the best.  There are other
>solutions that can aid in speedier access to CGIs.
If you really need to do this right now, then probably the best thing you
can do on a MacOS machine is to use Frontier rather than MacPerl. Frontier
is already threaded.
I haven't kept up with Frontier developments in a while, but it was being
oriented toward Web programming last I looked, so you may find just what
you're looking for already available.

Alternatively, there's MkLinux or LinuxPPC, but as Chris and I have both
discovered, the new threaded Perl, 5.004_63, doesn't quite work right.
(The "poor man's'' threading of fork/exec works just fine, of course)

-------
Paul J. Schinder
schinder@pobox.com