[MacPerl] Perl references (was: File reading ?'s)

At 21:10 -0400 98/06/11, Paul J. Schinder wrote:
[The Camel is]
> mildly out of date, because Perl has gone through one or two
> revisions since the second edition of the book was published.  You won't
> be misled by anything in it, but there is at least one important omission
> (no mention of the very important IO::* modules) that I know of.

As is the case with the Mac Toolbox calls ("when you see Inside Macintosh,
you'll realize there's no way that they can be condensed into a small
book."), neither could Larry, Tom & Randal fit all of the "useful and
important" Perl modules into "Programming Perl".

If you can afford it (or get your company to buy it; US $149 list), a great
resource for the IO:: modules, as well as many other well-used and highly
recommended Perl modules is the Perl Resource Kit, from O'Reilly & Assoc.
ISBN 1-56592-370-7.  It's a set of 4 books and a CD-ROM.

Unfortunately, there isn't a Macintosh/MacPerl edition yet, but we have
hopes, plans, desires in that direction...

Vicki
---
Vicki Brown, vlb@cfcl.com        |\      _,,,---,,_
Journeyman Sourceror      ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
Scripts & Philtres             |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb      '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
P.O. Box 1269 San Bruno, CA  94066