[MacPerl] glue alpha heads up

I have the next alpha almost ready.  I am delaying it to work on more
documentation and to track down some nagging buglets.  It includes many
changes, such that your existing glue modules will have to be rebuilt.
Expect this to happen again with more releases.

Anyway, changes include:

* all parameters except for the direct object are named (direct object can
be named too, if you like, but the others must be named):

  $obj->event('direct object data', {param1=>$data1, param2=>$data2});

* huge speed improvements (Mac::AppleEvents::Simple was a big slowdown, and
I have a new version to upload)

* replies only returned to events if 1.) the event calls for them (i.e.,
reply ne 'null'), or 2.) it is asked for explicitly.

* more documentation

* ae_object() method has changed name to _obj

* sample Finder.pm shows how to edit created module to suit needs

* as part of fixing slowness problem, switching frontmost app has been
changed.  switching will not happen by default, only if it is called for
explicitly in one of the following manners:

  $f->_switch(1);                                 # will now switch with
                                                  # every event call
  $f->event('data', {param=>$data, _switch=>1});  # will switch only for
                                                  # this event call

Also, we use SetFrontProcess() to switch to the frontmost app, instead of
LaunchApplication().

There are other minor changes, but there are the most of them.  I might
have a new alpha tonight.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])