Re: [MacPerl] Syntax Coloring in BBEdit

At 09:00 -0800 12/22/98, Jay Bedsole wrote:
> Alpha was duped by the " [Perl]" suffix... it was. So I adjusted
> my mappings and tried again... Next, my window popped up with
> " [Perl] #2" extension.
>
> Is it MacPerl that is creating these temporary files? Is there
> some (more elegant) method of purging them? Any advice for me,
> in case I ever do this thing that I never do, again?

I would say it is Alpha, as I use MacPerl with BBEdit and I don't get
multiple copies.

> So I adjusted my mappings and tried again...

I'm not sure what you mean exactly when you say "and tried again". In which
program (MacPerl or BBEdit) did you "try" and whatexactly does "trya agin"
mean in this context (menu item you selected, command key combination you
used, etc...)

When I go back to MacPerl and re-select "edit foo" from the BBEdit menu I
just bounce back to BBEdit with the same window open. If I first close the
BBEdit window ('cause I'm changing preferences) and then go back to MacPerl
(actually, I wouldn't _go_ back to MacPerl, in reality, I'd just reopen the
file, but this is for experimentation) the file is again named "foo [Perl]".

By the way, I also have BBEdit rigged so that filenames with no extension
default to MacPerl (you can always turn syntax coloring _off_ for a given
file but you cannot turn it _on_). Not all of the Perl scripts I get end in
.p*

- Vicki
---
Vicki Brown <vlb@cfcl.com>           |\      _,,,---,,_
Journeyman Sourceror           ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
Scripts & Philtres                  |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
P.O. Box 1269, San Bruno CA 94066  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb      http://www.ptf.com/macperl