Re: [MacPerl] macCPAN

At 15.05 -0500 1998.12.22, David H. Adler wrote:
>On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 12:21:56PM -0600, Matthew Langford wrote:
>> How about this?  MacCPAN loads a list of Mac-compatible modules from CPAN
>> Testers, or from another page built from CPAN Testers.  By this, I mean it
>> shows up in MacCPAN if CPAN Testers marks it okay on Macs.  Perhaps upon
>> highlighting the module, its summary information shows up in an info panel
>> out to the side.  You could select "get the readme for this item".  Or if
>> you double-click it, then...
>
>Between losing my mind and the *evil* connection I have here at the
>office, I haven't had time to pick apart Matthew's suggestions, but I
>think the proposal sounds *very* interesting...  Am I the only one?

No, you're not.  But all of it rests on being able to automate the process
first, on the Macs.  Then we can look into putting an index on CPAN or
something, and then we can look into a GUI frontend, etc.

But it is something to keep in mind moving forward.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])