Re: [MacPerl] BBEdit 5.1/MacPerl

At 18.02 -0400 1999.06.15, Vicki Brown wrote:
>The BBEdit guys do know.  They say it's MacPerl's problem (a background app
>should never put up a modal dialog and hang). Matthias agrees with the
>diagnosis.

Yeah, it should never do that unless kAECanInteract and kAECanSwitchLayer
are set, in which case MacPerl would switch to the front if necessary.  I
think.

Regardless, under Mac OS 8.5, you should be able to do a cmd-tab to switch
from BBEdit to get to MacPerl.  I use a cdev called LiteSwitch that is a
more fully-featured (but still lightweight) process-switcher, and I never
have problems switching to MacPerl from BBEdit when I forget to put a
#!perl at the top.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])