Re: [MacPerl] Perl in the workplace

On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 12:07:20AM -0400, David H. Adler wrote:
} On Tue, Jun 15, 1999 at 06:53:21PM -0400, Paul J. Schinder wrote:
} > Speaking of "secure telnet connection", telnet isn't secure.  ssh is,
} > though, and is available on both ends (sort of, if you don't mind
} > bending some US Federal laws or don't mind the Data Fellows telnet
} > client, or were lucky enough to snag a copy of Better Telnet SSH.  The
} > new Telnet rewrite is supposed to get SSH some day.)
}
} There is also an ssh version of Nifty Telnet.

Yes, there is, but it's illegal for US citizens to use it, because of
the RSA patent.  That is what I was referring to when I said "bending
some US Federal laws".  The only legal client for Americans currently
available is the payware Data Fellows client.  Better Telnet SSH is
not publically available any more, and the new Telnet3 promises SSH in
the future but hasn't delivered it yet.

}
} --
} David H. Adler - <dha@panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/