Re: [MacPerl] parserhtm.pl

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 09:05:05PM -0400, cetasix@pop.erols.com wrote:
> Ron,
>
> I'm not saying that it is wrong actually I'm going to incorporate it in my
> scripts. What I am saying is that he is learning from a book and so that he
> doesn't not get too confused, I suggest he change it back. Why? Cause he
> indicated that it worked when it was in it's original form. Later when he
> has more of a handling on the scripts he can expand and modify. When I was
> developing using that book, it confused me like crazy. I found that if I
> follow along with the book it made more sense.

Nevertheless, the code quoted below _is_ incorrect.  The code "works" only
insofar as it runs without an error message, even when the open() fails and
the program has no input - which sounds suspiciously like the problem Ken
described.

I suppose you can continue to carelessly copy the mistakes of your Perl
books, but eventually it might be useful to actually learn Perl.

Ronald