Re: [MacPerl] test cgi without connection

At 5:15 AM -0700 7/14/99, Chris Nandor said:
>>Excuse my question but I begin with MacPerl. I try to find a method to test
>>CGIs without connecting to the Internet.
>
>I don't mean to beat a dead horse, or to make an example of or belittle the
>poster, but the proliferation of questions like these are a big part of why
>many of us don't want CGI questions allowed in general Perl or MacPerl
>forums.  This isn't a bad question in itself, but it has nothing directly
>to do with Perl, or MacPerl, and when you allow CGI questions, you get
>stuff like this all the time.

	... Sounds like an EXCELLENT choice for a FAQ question/answer.
Wouldn't that solve the problem?

	Personally, as a MacPERL lurker and newbie to programming stuff
generally, I have yet to be able to resolve the question that was posed.
It's the kind of question that I would have asked and - even though I've
seen a few responses to such a question - I don't get how to set it up to
work.

	I end up deleting about 90% of the posts to this list, since I
could personally care less about hacking my Mac work with MacPERL. My
personal choice is to use PERL exclusively for CGI kinds of applications.
It's my business - Internet Web site development.

	Just my $0.02    : )

Patrick Beart

patrick@WebArchitecture.com       503-558-8322      Clackamas(Portland), OR
Web Architecture:   http://www.WebArchitecture.com

* Founding MEMBER *  Internet Professionals Northwest. (www.ipn.org)
* MEMBER * Webmaster's Guild/ Association of Internet Professionals