Re: [MacPerl] installing libraries in mac perl

>>2)The new MacPerl distribution should have the MacPerl relevant docs laying
>>about in the main folder, while the Unix centric stuff should be kept in
>>its own folder labelled, oh I don't know, 'Unix Centric' or some such
>
>There is no such separation in the docs.

Umm what about the 'README' - temptingly inviting for people in search of a quick answer, yet entirely UNIX - why not put it somewhere where only those interested will find it after looking for it, so that there isn't the danger of a newbie trying to follow the outlined install procedures. C'mon now, put yourself in the shoes of a newbie, you're in a panic, don't know what to do, in despair you root about in the MacPerl folder and find 2 files both called README (admittedly one has .MAC on it). The mess of folders in there is bewildering enough not to mention that NOWHERE in, or around README does it state "this will NOT work on your MacIntosh ..............."

<<From README ==============================
Installation

1) Detailed instructions are in the file INSTALL. In brief, the
following should work on most systems:
rm -f config.sh
sh Configure
make
make test
make install
For most systems, it should be safe to accept all the Configure
defaults.

2) Read the manual entries before running perl.

3) IMPORTANT! Help save the world! ..........