[MacPerl] Script Different overview, futures

[I am copying this to the main list, in the hope that some folks will
  follow it over to its real home, the new macperl-scribes list.  Please
  do NOT, in any event, reply to it on the main macperl list!]

There have been ten Script Different columns published so far.  An index
is available at:

   http://www.perlmonth.com/columns/mac_perl/index.html?issue=3D3D9&cidx=3D=
3D1

but here is an overview, for purposes of discussion:

  10  Arved Sandstr=3DF6m     MacPerl and XML (scheduled for March)
   9  Vicki Brown         The MacPerl Package
   8  Vicki Brown         An Interview with Damian Conway
   7  Vicki Brown         The MacPerl Development Environment
   6  Brian McNett        Speaking of MacPerl...
   5  Vicki Brown         MacPerl at the O'Reilly Open Source Convention
   4  Arved Sandstr=3DF6m     Building MacPerl Extensions
   3  Vicki Brown         Perl: It's not just for Unix anymore
   2  Vicki Brown         MacPerl Oddities: if ($^O eq 'MacOS')
   1  Vicki Brown         MacPerl: There's More than One Way to Do it

For the statistics buffs among us, the current standings are:

  70  Vicki Brown
  20  Arved Sandstr=3DF6m
  10  Brian McNett

Unfortunately, Vicki's standings are about to show a precipitous drop
and the rest of us now need to fill in.  Several possible topics have
been mentioned for future columns, as:

   ?  Brian McNett        ???
   ?  Chris Nandor        The MacPerl Glue Package
   ?  Matthias Neeracher  MacPerl 5.5(?)
   ?  Arved Sandstr=3DF6m     ???
   ?  David Steffen       MacPerl & CGI Scripts
   ?  Bruce Van Allen     Grep, Map, & Sort

Brian has volunteered (well, we'll call it that :-) to be the "point
man" for the column; Arved has said that he can do 2-3 columns per
year.  Consequently, I've penciled them in above, without giving any
particular topics.  Brian's explorations into AudioVisual programming
are quite a kick; Arved's tutorials are solid and readable.

I have also tried to hustle some folks at Apple into telling about
how MacPerl is used in the Tech Pubs Tools Group.  Unfortunately,
their priorities haven't yet allowed them to write the article.
Maybe I'll be able to do an email interview and write it up...

OK; thass enuff from me, it's your turn now!
--
Rich Morin:          rdm@cfcl.com, +1 650-873-7841, http://www.ptf.com/~rdm
Prime Time Freeware: info@ptf.com, +1 408-433-9662, http://www.ptf.com