Re: [MacPerl] Potential MacPerl column?

At 10:34 AM -0800 2/19/00, Rich Morin wrote:
>At 7:42 AM -0600 2/19/00, Greenblatt & Seay wrote:
>>Rather than creating another list I suggest these ideas be discussed on the
>>little used "macperl-forum@macperl.org" list.
>
>[how about] a list
>could help to create a group-based support structure for the column[?]
>
>To keep things _somewhat_ general, I suggest that we create a new list:
>
>   macperl-scribes@macperl.org
>
>It would be open to anyone who is interested in the issues of writing
>about MacPerl.  This would include articles (e.g., Script Different),
>books, online docs, etc.  Drafts of proposed columns, critiques of
>existing material, and wish lists would all be welcome.  Sound OK?

Yes. This is very appealing to me, both as one who would make a little time
to be part of a "group-based support structure" for Script Different, and
as one who always learns from the writings of the smart and interesting
folks who gather around the MacPerl watercooler...

My apologies for posting my article concept here AND for its topic being
general Perl not MacPerl. And thanks to those who encouraged me to pursue
the "map, grep, sort" article concept to be published _somewhere_. I might
be able to get to it in the next few months, and I still think there are
folks out there who could write it more quickly and thoroughly than I
could...

I vote "Yes", Rich.

1;

- Bruce