Re: [MacPerl] Filemaker Pro DB

At 7:35 -0400 2000.09.13, Richard Michaud wrote:
>Forgive my ignorance, but hasn't anyone attempted to port DBI to the Mac?

Yes.

>Someone could then write a DBD for Filemaker...no?

If you want to, you'd probably be a hero.  But I wouldn't want to try it.

Probably the easiest way to do it would be to use the existing ODBC drivers
for Mac / FileMaker, and DBD::ODBC.  However, I think that would not make
it available to most people, who wouldn't have ODBC access (I think it
costs extra for FileMaker).  It would be hard work.

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/