Re: [MacPerl] cpan-mac

At 18:47 -0400 2000.09.13, Paul Schinder wrote:
>That did it, all right.  Thanks very much.  My long delayed module
>update on my iBook is now complete.
>
>I stared at the diff between 0.21 and 0.22 for a while and nothing
>jumped out at me as the likely culprit, unless it's this.  I noticed
>that 0.22 uses Compress::Zlib::gdzopen_ instead of
>Compress::Zlib::gzopen.  Do I remember right that gdzopen was the
>thing that didn't work in Compress::Zlib?  If so, could some rogue
>pointer be trashing something?

Oh, good call.  Yes, gzdopen is what doesn't work.  You cannot do two
things with Compress::Zlib under MacPerl (until someone greater than I
fixes it): pass a filehandle to gzopen(), or call gzdopen() directly.

Anyway, unless you know of significant problems with Archive::Tar 0.21, I
will revert to it for cpan-mac 0.50, and release with the updated versions
of all other pure Perl modules, and the same older versions of the compiled
modules (since no one noted that any new versions are needed).

Thanks,

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/