Re: [MacPerl] Filemaker Pro DB

>Um 7:35 Uhr -0400 13.09.2000, schrieb Richard Michaud:
>>Forgive my ignorance, but hasn't anyone attempted to port DBI to the Mac?
>
>see http://pudge.net/mmp/
>
>DBI is there
>
>Rather than DBD::xyz I successfully used
>DBD::CSV + Text::CSV + SQL
>This way you can start out with DBI programming on a simple
>CSV file.
>
>>Someone could then write a DBD for Filemaker...no?
>
>*could*
>But let us first find out whether ODBC access is possible.
>Writing a DBD for FileMaker Pro is a rather large project.
>

>Axel

Hi Axel,

I' ve recently downloaded DBD::ODBC from CPAN. The distribution
contains .xs and .h files. This normally indicates that the module
has to be ported to or at least compiled for the Mac (see
<http://pudge.net/macperl/macperlmodinstall.html>). Because it can't
be found on http://pudge.net/mmp/, we are out of luck, I guess (until
someone does the port, of course).

Tschüß