Re: [MacPerl-WebCGI] MacPerl and WebSTAR

David,

thanks for your valuable comments. I agree with all of them. The list
was intended for those who want to develop scripts for educational
purposes, prototyping etc., but not with really serving the Internet
in mind. In this case I would use the free QPQ and Stalker servers,
as you've pointed out. If the price doesn't matter, I indeed would
consider to use WebSTAR or WebTen
(<http://www.tenon.com/products/webten/>), an Apache based web server
for the Mac OS. But probably I would switch to Linux before handing
money over. Btw, I would like to hear more about WebTen. Does someone
have more information about or experiences with this server?

A nice usage story on serving the Internet via the Mac OS can be read
in TidBITS#536 (26-Jun-00): "Serving the Internet from a PowerBook
5300" by  Ron Risley
(<http://www.tidbits.com/tb-issues/TidBITS-536.html>).

I have plans for my own little website (dedicated to MacPerl), where
the accumulated informations and links will definetly be published.

Best regards

-- Thomas