[MacPerl] Files

So I am a REAL newbie at Perl (or MacPerl), and I have been subscribed to
the list for maybe a couple months, if not one month.  I am having this
problem that I want to use QUITE often.  But I can't get it to work
because I am so new at perl.

What I would like to do is to create a script that will create a file if
it does not exist, otherwise open that file.  And in that file are a whole
bunch of URL's that I have gathered for "downloading"..  because what I do
when I surf the Internet, Is that I keep a text file that contains alot of
URL's, and I'd like to search it for URL's that I want to download at that
time.  Or put URL's in.

I recently found that script that created files, but I can't find out how
to output to it.  As I said befre, I need to read and write from and to,
respectively.  I hope that everything that I have explained here is
understandable, and I'd appreciate a response..  even though I'm a
newbie..  :)

Thanks alot.

-Tim Judd

P.S.  If there are questions about what I mean, feel free to ask.

timjudd@teleport.com  HTTP://www.teleport.com/~timjudd/  IRC nick: StayPuft
*NO* chain letters of any kind!    World Wide Web Page designer, ask for it