Re: [MacPerl] Glue::Stuck::Help

At 17:06 -0400 9/24/98, Chris Nandor wrote:
>Hm.  For some reason, the required suite did not get slurped into the
>module.  Same result for my droplet, and what it was adapted from, David C.
>Schooley's aeteconvert.  Hm.

I would guess it's because the Required suite is incorporated into the
'aete' by reference (ie, just by naming the suite).  That causes a lookup
in the 'aeut' for the current dialect, and AppleScript uses *that*
definition of the Required suite.  And I would guess that the tool doesn't
go find those.

Same for any other suite found in the 'aeut' ("Apple Event User
Terminology") resource...that resource is found in the currently selected
dialect file.  An app which implements  unchanged a suite contained in the
'aeut' doesn't need to do more than mention that suite in its 'aete' (and
not copying it is encouraged, so that changes Apple makes in the 'aeut' are
seen by the user).

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish,